Wednesday, November 5, 2008

MELBOURNE CUP!

OK, be prepared, you are about to be inundated with photos from our Melbourne Cup lunch...

I got all hat-happy and actually decided to create myself a hat for the occasion! I was very proud of myself!!!
I reckon it's pretty snazzy, even if I do say so myself...
I also got fascinator happy and made a few for other people...
Elizabeth:
Kim:
Caitie:

And Aunty Bronwyn:
This is a very bad picture of her (but a good one of the fascinator) so to help her feel better if she stumbles on this blog, here's a MUCH better picture. This is what she looks like usually! LOL
My mum got her own fascinator this year - very classy looking!
Phillip enjoyed playing in my hat while the race was on. I had to use it as a distraction as this was his first reaction to the race! He was scared by the noise! LOL
But he calmed down with a hat to wear! :D

The reason I have SO many photos from the day is that I let Elizabeth roam with the camera for part of the day! She took some interesting pictures that I would never have thought of taking...


It was a great day full of really really good food, good drinks, lots of laughter and friends and family.
By the end of it though I had one VERY tired little girl on my hands...............





3 comments:

Renee said...

Your hat was just lovely, as were all your fascinators. You are very clever.

Anonymous said...

Look at you stylish Mama!
I reckon your hat looks great!
I was in the city last night after Oakes day, and I have to tell you, I reckon you could pick up Foxtel with some of the headwear those girls were sporting!

Nice and stylish! Looks like a fun day! :)

xxoo

Anonymous said...

Hi Kylie, wow your talents extend much further than scrapbooking, LOVE your cup hat!!! If I could hatlift it I would LOL!!! PS you never gave me your address so that I could send you a surprise in the mail for leaving the comment I liked most about my masters entries, thanks in advance, Tiff :o)